The danger of washing a raw chicken
When you wash fruit or vegetables before you eat them - this is, without a doubt, good. But this rule does not apply to a raw chicken. Now you will find out how much such washing can be dangerous!
Any raw meat has a number of its bacteria. Some of them are very harmful, and with some our body copes without difficulty. In the raw chicken are found the most dangerous: the genus Campylobacter. Are bacteria that can cause gastroenteritis (Inflammatory disease of the stomach and small intestine).
Infection occurs as a result of consumption of infected poultry meat that has not undergone proper heat treatment.
When you wash raw meat, which has a huge number of all kinds of bacteria, then you risk spreading them all over the kitchen. But for a strong Food poisoning Just a few of these bacteria.
Danger of washing a raw chicken
If the bacterium from the genus Campylobacter gets into the human body, the consequences are not expected to be the most pleasant:
- Severe diarrhea;
- Severe pain in the abdominal cavity.
These symptoms often do not appear immediately, canTake about 5 days and the disease will manifest itself. Because each of us has its own individual features, then in some people this kind of bacteria can lead to very disastrous results:
- Guillain-barre syndrome (a disease of the peripheral nervous system, which refers to the heaviest);
- Reactive arthritis;
- Inflammation of the large intestine.
Small children, the elderly and those with a weak immune system, most often become victims of these diseases.
How to handle raw chicken
- Freeze the chicken (if you keep the meat in the freezer, then you can be sure that the bacteria will not switch to other food);
- Not my meat! (If you cook a chicken at a high temperature, then the bacteria are destroyed by themselves);
- Disinfect the dishes (after the chicken went into the oven or in the soup, cleaned the dishes and hands);
- Meat should be ready (when you cut another hot chicken, make sure that there is no blood in the meat, it is not damp, and the juice from the chicken is transparent).
If you noticed any Strange symptoms - immediately consult a doctor. With such poisoning jokes are bad!
Aware - means armed! With this principle you need to start any business, especially cooking. Sometimes the most innocuous dish of simple ingredients can become extremely dangerous! Warn your friends about this by sharing a fast with them. Be attentive and healthy!