What to do if the child has a fever
In children, the temperature rises always very suddenly and therefore finds mom and daddy unawares. Because of this, all parents fly out of their heads First aid rules, And they begin to rush around the house in search of the necessary funds and call all the friends in a row to ask for "wise" advice.
So that Fever Did not take you by surprise, "so simple!" Prepared 7 golden rules, which must be observed when hyperthermia in a child.
If the child has a fever ...
- Do not rush to bring down the temperature below 38.5 ° C. This indicates that the body is struggling with the infection itself, and the elevated temperature is necessary for more effective work of protective mechanisms.
- The child can not be treated with aspirin and analgin.
- Do not wrap your child with a dozen blankets. Air in the room should be slightly cool, and the room should be well ventilated, because children are still immature Thermoregulation system.
- Do not rub the baby with alcohol or vinegar, because it is a poison for the child.
- Remember that the medicines begin to work only after half an hour-hour. And do not expect that the temperature will immediately drop to 36.6 ° C. Always carefully read the instructions for the drugs that you use.
- It is impossible to apply cold objects to the body of the child, because this can provoke Spasm of skin vessels.
- If the temperature is high, and the skin of the baby is pale, the extremities are cold, then it means "White fever"And vasospasm. Immediately call an ambulance and rub off the pens and legs of the baby so that the spasm passes. Excludes all methods of physical cooling.
When your baby has a fever, do not rush into panic, but just remember these tips. They will help you to provide the correct first aid, which will not harm your child.