How to make a mosquito remedy at home
The most widely used ingredient in most factory repellents is diethyltoluamide, known as die. This substance, Intimidating, Can greatly harm the health of a person.
For example, it can cause a rash,Eye irritation, and yet it can be one of the causes of neurological diseases. That the most terrible thing - scientists from the medical center of Duke University found that the death causes death of brain cells and changes in the behavior of rats.
So that you do not harm the health of this chemical, we have prepared for you several Recipes for repellents, Which you can easily prepare at home.
How to make a remedy for mosquitoes at home
- 2 tbsp. L. Vodka (or medical alcohol) and / or tincture of witch hazel
- 1/2 tsp. Vodka as a preservative (in case of using witch hazel - without vodka)
- 2 tbsp. L. One or several oils: from grape seeds, jojoba, almond, olive or nem oil (contains natural insecticidal compounds)
- 100-110 drops of one or more essential oils: eucalyptus lemon, lavender, citronella, cloves, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, cajeput, eucalyptus, cedar, mint, cinnamon, basil.
- For example, you can mix the oils as followsWay: 55 drops of eucalyptus lemon oil (natural substitute for death, but not recommended for children under 3 years old), 15 drops of cedar oil, 15 drops of lavender oil, 15 drops of rosemary oil.
First you need to connect all the liquids (vodka, witch hazel, butter). To do this, pour them into a small nebulizer (100 ml). Then add essential oils and shake the container.
Before use, the prepared mixture is necessaryShake and then spray on the body. You can repeat the procedure every 2-3 hours. But be careful and do not abuse this tool if you use it to protect children.
Repellent from dried or fresh herbs
- 200 ml of distilled water
- 200 ml of tincture of witch hazel or vodka (medical alcohol)
- 3-4 tablespoons of dried herbs in anyCombinations: peppermint, spearmint, citronella, lemongrass, catnip, lavender and others. It is better to use at least one kind of herb from the mint genus.
- For example, you can take 1 tbsp. L. Peppermint, 1 tbsp. L. Peppermint, 1 tbsp. L. Cat's mint, 1 tbsp. L. Lavender. You can also add a couple of dried carnations.
First the water must be brought to a boil andPour it into a container, where you will prepare a repellent. Then add fresh or dried herbs and mix the mixture thoroughly. Cover the container with a lid and allow it to cool. When the mixture cools down, strain it and pour it into the nebulizer. And then add 200 ml of tincture of witch hazel or vodka.
A strong remedy for "vinegar of four thieves"
This agent has a very sharp odor, but after weathering the smell disappears. It can also be used against ticks and other insects.
- 2 tbsp. L. Dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. L. Dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. L. Of dried sage
- 2 tbsp. L. Dried lavender
- 2 tbsp. L. Of dried mint
- 4-8 cloves of chopped garlic (optional)
- 1 liter of apple cider vinegar
Dried herbs together with garlic put in a largeGlass jar and fill them with vinegar. Close the polymer lid and leave the jar for 2-3 weeks, but do not forget to shake it daily. After 2-3 weeks strain the infusion and store it in a bottle (preferably in the refrigerator).
To spray this product on the skin, it must be diluted first with water 1: 1.
Do not forget that all these funds have a strong enough effect and you need to use them with caution when protecting children, pregnant women and people who have Allergic reactions On the components of these repellents. But remember that these natural remedies are much more harmless than the chemistry that we buy in stores!