Slippers from sweater
To all fans to make and create unusual things from simple materials we offer one more tempting idea ... Sew the room slippers From an unnecessary sweater - easy and simple. If you are fond of needlework and want to do something original and, most importantly, useful - you are on the right track!
"so simple!" Offers you an interesting solution, how to make so that at home Your feet did not freeze. Was the old sweater in the closet? So let's please yourself with a new pair of shoes made by your own hands!
How to make slippers from an old sweater
You will need
- Unwanted sweater
- Felt (20 cm x 30 cm) or ready-made insoles
- A4 cardboard sheet
- Double-sided adhesive tape
- Needles and threads
- Tailor chalk
- sewing machine
- Cheaper and easier to buy ready-made insoles. But, if that, they can easily be made of felt. To begin, outline the contours of the foot on the cardboard.
- Then cut out the template from the cardboard.
- As you can see, the further course of work is very simple!
- You need 4 identical insoles.
- The sweater goes on in the course! Transfer the patterns to a knitted fabric, but do not forget to indent about 3 cm. Circle 2 identical contours, then cut along the lines.
- Glue a double-sided adhesive tape to the first insole and attach it to the face of the fabric.
- Do the same with the other insole and put it on the wrong side of the fabric. It is necessary that the edges of the felt insoles match as closely as possible.
- Now you need to sew insoles and fabric. You can do this manually, although the sewing machine still saves your nerves and time!
- We'll tackle the top of the slippers! Measure about 13 cm, starting from the sleeve cuff, and cut. Of the cuffs and rounded the opposite side of the part, as shown in the figure.
- Now you have a piece of knitted fabric withInsole on both sides and a cap. And there should be two such blanks! So finish it and get down to the most interesting - stitching the fragments!
- Attach a cap, it's the same top of the slipper, on the front side of the top of the sewn insole. Its tip must coincide with the center of the rounded side. Of the detail at this point.
- Then you need to move the top of the slipper 3 cm down andSew together the corners of the details in the cuff area and the sides of the knitted fabric with insole. Make a few stitches, as shown in the photo.
- Slash both parts in a circle, moving from left to right and taking the excess tissue around the insoles evenly. Thanks to the already made stitches, it will be easy to do.
- Turn out the resulting design so that all the seams remain inside the sneaker, and make two incisions on both sides of the heel. It is necessary that the incisions end in a few millimeters from the insole.
- To make the heels of slippers, you need to form them from these three pieces of fabric. Then the sewn parts - there should be two vertical seams.
- At last - the flaps of slippers! Cut off the bottom edge of the sweater. The untreated edge is wrapped so that the width of the strip is about 5 cm., Cut it into 2 parts. Fix the adhesive tape, as shown in the photo. Get the knitted tape wrap around the slipper, glue it and fix it with stitches. Do the same with the second tape. Done!
- Here are such lovely home slippers!
Now your feet are warm! Having presented a new life to the old sweater, you made a nice and warm home footwear with your own hands.
Maybe your friends do not mind either To make slippers? So share with them this wonderful idea!