Cake "potato" - recipe
"Potato" is a dessert with an ambiguous and rather interesting history. Once, during the USSR, it was one of the iconic dishes of Soviet cooking.
On fast in preparation and tasty "potato"Often pruned from other pastries and cakes, in its recipe is not specified. As a result, everyone was happy - the chefs received additional profit and got rid of the leftovers, and the children relished the most diverse kinds of "potatoes". The union has left, and the cake remains. Try to make it!
- 500 g of dried bread (preferably - vanilla)
- 400 ml of condensed milk
- 50 g of powdered cocoa
- 200 g of butter
- 100 g of dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa, and preferably - more)
- 30 ml of cognac (optional)
- 20 g of citrus fruits (specific candied fruits to taste)
From this material will be about 20 "potatoes", and cooking will take two hours.
- Carefully biscuits to the state of small crumbs. Untreated pieces should not remain. Use the meat grinder.
- In another bowl, mix the powdered cocoa and condensed milk. Rub the resulting mass to a homogeneous state, add the butter previously cut into pieces, put on a small fire. Heat until the oil is melted.
- Chocolate melted in a water bath. Half - gram 50 - add to the mass obtained in point 2. Add the cognac to it, if you use it. The second half of the chocolate is set aside - will go for decoration.
- Mix the resulting chocolate-butter mass and biscuits. If the result is too dry, a fraction of the milk, just a little.
- Nalipi "potato". To make it easier, first make sausages, then cut them and roll the balls out of the resulting pieces.
- Put candied fruits inside the balls. Some candied fruits can be used for decoration.
- The remaining liquid chocolate is heated and greased on top of the "potato". Candied fruits, if they are still left, put on top of the chocolate.
- Wait for the chocolate to solidify.
The charm of "potatoes" is that it does not lose its taste qualities cold - rather, on the contrary! So there is no need to rush it, even if you really want to. And chocolate Will have time to soak up the whole cake better.