Turkish Soup of Sultan Mahmut
For those who have always dreamed of cooking something from Turkish cuisine at home, we recommend starting with soup of Sultan Mahmut. This soup is a real treat, and it is also very useful.
In the old days it was believed that it was his must have to eat Turkish children In the cold season to strengthen immunity. Now it is also popular among locals.
We suggest that you prepare this delicious lentil soup with a universal recipe.
Turkish soup of sultan mahmut
- 1 potatoes
- 1 large onion head
- 1 liter of water
- 1 tbsp. L. Butter, olive oil and pasta from Bulgarian pepper (salchi)
- 100 grams of red lentils
- 1 carrot
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 celery root
- 1 tsp. Of dried mint
- 5 sprigs of parsley
- A pinch of red ground pepper
- Pinch of sweet ground paprika
- Peel potatoes and celery, cut into cubes and put in a bowl with salted water.
- Clean the carrots and cut it in circles, add it there.
- Then lightly fry onions in olive oil.
- Take the pot, pour the water and put it in it.Toasted onion, washed lentils, and there add salch (can be replaced with tomato paste) and cook over medium heat. When lentils begin to boil, add potatoes, carrots and celery to it.
- Cook until the vegetables are ready.
- Put in a separate bowl of chopped parsley, mint, a pinch of red ground pepper, a pinch of sweet ground paprika and butter.
Put it on the fire for a few seconds, lightly stirring. Add this mixture to the pan with soup or already in the plate before serving.
The soup is made with a rich taste, it is very appetizing, and also useful. Cooking it once, you will want to do it again.
Share a recipe for this Turkish Lentil soup with friends!