Sauerkraut can be called one of the most popular and simple Canned winter dishes. All because cabbage, although very cheapVegetable, but very useful, and during the preservation of the properties of this product only improve. Well, when there is a reliable cellar and an oak barrel, but if there is only a fridge and three-liter cans, cabbage will also be at least somewhere!
"so simple!" Prepared for you a recipe, according to which cabbage is sour for several days and turns out to be crispy and very tasty.
Recipe for crispy sauerkraut
- 2 kg of cabbage;
- 1 carrot;
- 50 g of salt;
- Pepper to taste;
- 2 bay leaves.
- Remove the top sheets from the cabbage and chop it with a thin and very neat straw. Put it all in a large bowl.
- Carrots are better to take juicy and sweet. It should be large enough. Clean it and wash it. Then put it on the grater and put it over the cabbage.
- Salted cabbage and carefully rub her hands. You should get a juicy mass of carrots and cabbage. Think it until the cabbage starts to give juice.
- Now it's time to choose the container. It is best to use glass jars, in which the cabbage will remain crispy. Start spreading cabbage, carefully applying it to the bank with your hands. In the process of how you will spread cabbage, it can be alternated with pickled cucumbers and chopped straws with sweet pepper.
- Banks with cabbage put on a baking sheet or a trayWith high edges. It must be done in order to collect the juice that will be released from the cabbage. When there is a lot of juice in the jar, puncture the cabbage with a wooden skewer, the bubbles will come out, and the amount of brine will decrease.
- After the cabbage in the refrigerator stays for about three days, it can be eaten and used in both cabbage soup and salads.
Even if you know how to make sauerkraut, try this recipe. I think you'll like this juicy and Crisp preservation!!