French onion soup
The French are the only nation that could come up with onion soup, Because the originality of their taste preferencesKnown throughout the world. Rumor has it that the lover xv himself first prepared this dish. Well, today this original soup is prepared on the basis of meat, chicken or vegetable broth.
Their rich Aroma Soup is obliged to browned onions, which is necessaryStew for a long time, so that the taste of onion is fully manifested. To give a special taste to onion soup, sometimes add white dry wine or sherry and then insist. One of the frequently used ingredients of onion soup is cheese.
- 3 onions
- 12 pieces of French baguette
- 1 tbsp. L. Butter
- 1.5 tbsp. L. Sahara
- 2 tbsp. L. Extra virgin olive oil
- 750 ml of broth
- 150 ml of white dry wine
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 tbsp. L. Fresh thyme
- 100 grams of hard cheese
- Onions must be cut into thin rings, and inHeat the olive oil, then add the cream and pour onion. First it needs to be fried for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Then add sugar and fry another 15 minutes over low heat.
- Season onions with salt and pepper to taste and cook it for another 30 minutes, bark it will not become caramel color.
- Add wine, broth and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cook for 30-35 minutes until the soup becomes much thicker.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees. On the baking sheet covered with parchment, lay out the baguette pieces and bake it until golden.
- Spread the soup over refractory clay forms, put a piece of baguette on top, sprinkle with cheese. Bake in the oven until the cheese turns golden - 5-7 minutes at 180 degrees.
Voila! The classic French dish is ready and it can be served to the table! Try to cook this soup, and maybe it will be your favorite dish.