Onion is a vegetable that makes us cry,When we cut it. But sometimes it is worth a bit to suffer, since onion is the main ingredient of many delicious dishes. We have prepared a recipe for French onion soup for you.
For its preparation you will need as much as 1.5 kg of onions. Sounds not very appetizing, but, having tried this dish, almost everyone celebrates it Unparalleled taste.
Onion soup recipe
- 1/2 oil packaging
- 6 large onions
- 6 tooth. Garlic
- 0.5 tbsp. White dry wine
- 6 tbsp. Veal broth
- 0.5 tsp. Mustard
- 1 French loaf
- 1 tbsp. Grated Swiss cheese
- 0.5 tbsp. Grated Parmesan
Instead of veal broth, you can weld anyAnother meat broth, and also take advantage of ready-made cubes for broth. Parmesan and Swiss cheese can be replaced by any hard seasoned cheese. While the taste of the dish will be slightly different from the original one.
- Cut the baguette with cubes about 3 centimeters thick. Bake it on a baking sheet in the oven until brown.
- Peel and chop large onions and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a very deep frying pan.
- After add the garlic. Fry it a minute, and then pour the onion. All on a small fire under the lid for about 45-50 minutes.
- After the onions are fried, pour in the white wine. Stir until it thickens.
- Add broth and mustard, stir.
- Cook everything over low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread soup on plates and put on top of a slice of toasted bread.
- Sprinkle the soup with cheese.
- Briefly put the soup in the oven, so that the cheese melts to a golden brown color.
More details can be found in the video.
French onion soup It turns out very tasty and satisfying, if you cook it correctly. But for an experienced hostess it will not be difficult. Try and you will arrange an evening of French cuisine at home.
Share this wonderful recipe with your friends!