Jam from orange peels
Summer is already coming to an end, which means that it's time to prepare for the winter at full speed and preserve vegetables, make compotes and jam. so "so simple!" Prepared for you a very unusual recipe for a treat for the winter - jam from orange peels.
This delicacy will be a wonderful alternative Desserts made from apricots, Raspberries or cherries. Having cooked it at least once, you stop stopping the peel from the oranges, although they may seem at first glance as an absolutely inedible element Citrus fruits.
Jam from orange crusts
- 3 oranges
- 300 g of sugar
- 300 ml of water
- 1 tbsp. L. Lemon juice
- Carefully wash the oranges and beat them with boiling water, since these fruits are always treated with special substances so that they are stored longer. Cut the fruit into 4 parts.
Flesh eat or leave to prepare other dishes. From the peel it is necessary to cut off the inner white layer, since it will give bitterness to the wine.
- Now the crusts need to be cut into strips and folded into a bowl. Pour in cold water to make them soaked, for a few hours or even overnight.
It will be good if you change water a couple of times. This will surely save the future jam from possible bitterness.
- While the crusts will stand in the water, they will curl up a little, but this is only to our advantage.
- Drain the water and take a strong thread with a needle. You need to form a spiral of spirals and, piercing with a needle, stretch a thread through them to get a kind of beads.
- Put these beads in a pan, fill them with water and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes after boiling.
Then the hot water is drained and refill the pan with cold water. This procedure should be repeated four times.
- Get orange peel and let the water drain.
- In a saucepan pour 300 ml of water and pour out the sugar. Put it on the fire and bring the syrup to a boil. Put the orange peel strips removed from the thread and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- Give a queen of orange peels completely cool. Then add the lemon juice and cook again for 30 minutes.
Please your family with this original delicacy. And believe me, this jam will be enjoyed by both adults and children. Tell your friends about this unusual recipe!