Fresh tomato sauce
Tomato sauce takes pride of place in allKitchens of the world. Probably the secret of such popularity is that it is easily prepared, has a unique taste, aroma and can give a zest to a variety of dishes. A pleasant bonus is a large number of nutrients, for example, 100 grams of tomatoes contain Daily norm of vitamin a And half the daily amount of vitamin C.
Unique taste and benefits in each spoon - what could be better ?! If you love Sauces - This recipe is for you!
Italian tomato sauce
- 2 kg fresh tomatoes (without peel)
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium onions (diced)
- 8 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/3 tbsp. Fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme leaves (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- Pour olive oil into a large saucepan, put on medium heat and add diced onions, garlic and half carrots, rubbed on a medium grater.
- Fry the vegetables for 6-8 minutes until the onion is clear and soft.
- Add tomatoes (without peel!), Sliced basil leaves, oregano sprigs, thyme, bay leaf, parsley. Ambassadors.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 hours or until cooked (the sauce should become thick and uniform).
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking, add the remaining half of the carrot.
- Before serving, extract the herbs and carrots from the pan.
This sauce will perfectly suit For pasta, pizza and meat dishes. It is important: if you want the sauce to turn out thick, do not use a blender to make it homogeneous.
Did you like this recipe? Share it with your friends! Now you know exactly what kind of sauce to serve to pasta!