How to cook sbiten
Sbiten is an undeservedly forgotten drink that our ancestors drank for prevention and Treatment of diseases. As well as simply for enjoyment. He warmed people in the cold evenings, and also quenched thirst on hot days. You can prepare sbiten according to a traditional recipe with alcohol, but you can even without it. The medicinal properties of the drink depend on what ingredients you use. We offer you a universal cooking option. Take note!
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 tbsp. L. Honey
- 4 cloves inflorescence
- Slightly grated ginger root
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Add honey to the honey. If you want it to turn out sweeter, add sugar.
- Put cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- Bring it to a boil and let the drink simmer for 5 minutes. At the end of cooking, remove the foam.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
- Pour the juice into the sbiten and strain the drink.
You can use other spices, lime, orange, mint and much more. And also prepare sbiten based on white wine.
Share with friends this wonderful recipe for the best drink this fall!