This French recipe will make you fall in love with the potatoes again. Who would have thought that such a simple ingredient produced a real banquet dish! Thinly sliced potatoes Wonderful baked in the oven, and new flavors are revealed thanks to the fragrant milk filling ...
The French prepared all the ingredients for the dish at home, but baked it was carried to the nearest bakery - there potato casserole Cooked in the oven with bread. We assure, cooked at home in the kitchen "boulanger" will be no worse!
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 2 heads of onions
- 60 g of butter
- 200 ml of vegetable broth
- 200 ml of milk
- Salt, ground black pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes in thin slices - about 2 mm thick. It is convenient to do this with a conventional vegetable cutter. Cut the onion into thin rings. Salting and peppers slices of potatoes.
- Smearing the form for baking with butter - 20 g for the medium form will be enough. Lay out a layer of potato slices, then a layer of onions, repeat this several times.
- Especially gently lay out the last layerPotato: it should look chic when it's ready. Pour the layers of potatoes with hot broth, mixed with hot milk. Liquid fill should reach the top layer of the potato, but do not cover it. Top layer before baking the fields with melted butter - this will provide a crispy crust and delicious taste of the dish.
Cover the shape with foil and bake the potatoes for 40 minutes at 200 degrees. Then remove the foil, reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake the dish for another 40 minutes.
- Ready-made potatoes can be served hotTogether with a small amount of melted butter as a sauce. A delicious dish will come out if you add finely grated garlic to the potatoes. Well combined baked potatoes with fresh herbs.
Most of all I like the version of this recipe withGrated hard cheese - it can be added between the layers of potatoes, and you can sprinkle only the top layer with cheese. It's so tasty, that you do not need any explanations, it's better to go straight to cooking ...
No doubt, this is the best way to cook ordinary potatoes! Share this refined French recipe with your friends.