Marshmallow at home
Marshmallow or "mormyshki" - these are air candies, which are sometimes called Marshmallows. Some compare them to such a common sweet as pastilles, but their recipes are somewhat different ...
However, the tradition of adding marshmallow to salads and desserts, as well as decorating cakes, has reached us. What can we say about frying air and fragrant pieces on the fire during Picnics!! We suggest you try to make yummy with your own hands. It will take only inspiration and a little patience!
Marshmallow at home
- 750 g of sugar (350 g for syrup and 400 g for marshmallow)
- 400 ml of water (150 ml for syrup and 250 ml for marshmallow)
- 25 g of gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. Soda
- 2 g of citric acid
- 0.5 tbsp. Starch
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 0.5 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- You must first prepare Invert syrup. Rinse the sugar in hot water, bring to a boil, previously adding citric acid.
Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the syrup for about half an hour on a small fire.
- Slightly cooling the syrup, add to it soda, dissolved in 1 tsp. Water and put on cooking. Do not be afraid of the formed foam - after a couple of minutes it will disappear, just remember to stir the mixture!
The result of your work should be a honey-like syrup with a pleasant smell.
- Now it's time to go to the marshmallow: in a half cup of water, divide the gelatin and leave it for 15-30 minutes. It should swell.
At this time, add invert syrup, sugar and salt to the remaining water. Stirring, bring to a boil. Make a smaller fire and put the syrup for another couple of minutes.
- How is gelatin? Preheat it, not bringing it to a boil, and start whisking in a blender at a low speed. Slowly add the ready syrup, while constantly stirring, gradually pour it in faster and faster. Should form a white lush and dense mass.
- It's time to lace the form with a film or foil, lightly oil it with vegetable oil.
- The beaten mass is laid out in a mold and covered on top with a film or foil. Keep at room temperature for 6 hours.
- Finally, you can get a chilled mass! But first you need to sift on the working surface of starch and powdered sugar.
Lay the frozen mixture on the table, gently removingFilm or foil. For a convenient cutting, you need to sprinkle the knife with starch and apply a little oil. Obtain the obtained pieces in a mixture of powder and starch. Ready!
Yeah, it's not a matter of fast, but no store marshmallows will replace your home air clouds! If you want to cook this tender sweetness, Take note of the recipe.
And do not forget to share a post with your business friends!