For the first time this recipe was mentioned in the German Book of recipes 1879 year. Over time, sweet delicacy has become a traditional Canadian dish, it can be bought in this country directly on the street. Funnel cake (In translation from English - a cake "funnel") got its name due to the way of preparation: the dough was poured through the funnel in circular motions.
This dessert has become an integral part of street celebrations and Carnivals Thanks to simple ingredients and quick cooking. Moreover, it can be easily prepared at home!
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 tbsp. L. Sahara
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 0.5 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- vanilla sugar
- powdered sugar
- vegetable oil
- paper towels
- In a large bowl, pour the milk.
- Add 2 eggs to the milk.
- In the received liquid in a pour sugar and vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder. Once again, mix everything well.
- The resulting liquid dough can be poured through a funnel or from any container with a thin stream. A frying pan with vegetable oil should be well heated.
- Fry the dough until the cake turns golden. Then lay it on paper towels to remove excess fat.
- Ready cake sprinkle with powdered sugar. It can also be poured with strawberry jam or served with vanilla ice cream.
Crispy golden crust, powdered like snow, powdered sugar, bathed in Strawberry syrup... Is not this a dream ?! Language can be swallowed already from one thought.
Of course, this is not a dessert for every day. But you can at least occasionally pamper yourself with this delicious treat. Do not forget to share the recipe with your friends!