Cake "pavlova" - A delicate Australian dessert, named after the legendary Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It was invented in the 20s of the last century, when Ann came to Australia and the ocean on tour.
this Air dessert Has a crispy crust, but inside it is soft, and it is decorated with whipped cream and various seasonal fruits and berries to your taste.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Pinch of crystalline citric acid
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 550 ml of creamy cream (30% or more)
- 300 g strawberries
- 1 banana
- Beat the whites with a mixer and add to them a littleSifted powdered sugar. It is necessary to beat the ingredients together for at least 10 minutes. At the very end add protein and powdered sifted starch and vinegar. The mass should be very thick so that it does not spread out on the baking sheet.
- Form for baking or a baking sheet covered with a sheet of parchment, on it draw a circle with a diameter of 20 cm.
- In this circle, lay out the protein mixture, the edges of the whiskers and draw thin grooves on the surface, so that the mass slightly resembles a ballet tutu.
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C and bake a cake for 40 minutes. Then open the oven door and leave the cake to cool.
- Whip the cream into a lush shiny foam.
- Cut the banana and strawberries. And decorate the cake with cream and fruit.
This dessert has been one of the most popular in the world for many years. Try and you will prepare a legendary pavlov cake!