Cabbage in Georgian
The Georgian name for this dish is the combo. And in each region of Georgia salted cabbage is cooked in its own way. The differences between cabbage in Gurian, Kakhetian, Imeritian - in a set of greenery, the condition of beets (raw or boiled) and sharpness. Distinguish also Cabbage in Georgian On the cooking process: natural fermentation and marinated with vinegar. In any case, a characteristic feature of the dish will be the addition of beets.
"so simple!"Proposes to prepare this bright, savory snack by the slow ferment method with cold brine. When fermenting cabbage, not only does not lose its useful properties, but, on the contrary, acquires new ones.
Thanks to fermentation, in the finished productThe content of phytoncides, enzymes and various vitamins doubles: a, b1, b2, b3, b6, k, p, u. Vitamin u, by the way, has the ability to prevent the occurrence of ulcerative lesions on the walls of the stomach and duodenum and heal already existing sores. And vitamin C in sauerkraut even more than in lemon!
From mineral substances in the composition Sauerkraut They give out: iron, potassium, iodine, calcium, magnesium, manganese, sodium, phosphorus, fluorine, silicon, boron, zinc, selenium ... in addition, it is very low-calorie!
Cabbage in Georgian
- 3 kg of white cabbage
- 1.5 kg of beetroot
- 3 hot red peppers (you can take 1 pc., If you do not like too spicy dishes)
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 bunches of celeriac greens
- 3 tbsp. L. With top of salt
- 2 liters of water
- Peas of black pepper - to taste
- 10 peas of sweet pepper
- Bay leaf
- 3 cloves inflorescence
- This recipe uses cold brine,So prepare it in advance. Boil water in a saucepan and dissolve salt in it, add pepper, cloves, bay leaf. The amount of salt varies according to your taste. Leave the brine to cool.
- Cut cabbage slices together with a stump. Cut the beets into thin circles. Choose small heads of cabbage - so it will be more attractive to look when fermented.
- Peel garlic with slices, and pepper with ringlets.
- In a deep saucepan spread out the blanks in layers. A little beets to the bottom, then cabbage, again beets, sprinkle with garlic and ringlets of pepper, cover with crumpled celery (a pair of twigs). So fill the entire pan. The top layer is beet.
- Fill the ingredients with a cold brine so that itCompletely covered the vegetables. Cover with a lid or a plate, put oppression from above. Forget about cabbage for 3 days, let it dissolve right in the kitchen. After a while, try the brine for salt. Perhaps, salt should be added - the cabbage absorbs it well.
- After 3 days, place the container of cabbage in the refrigerator, and on day 5 the product will be completely ready! Serve cabbage, just laying on a plate. You can cut into smaller and fill with vegetable oil.
A real vitamin bomb with a Georgian flavor! Just try to cook, and this dish will be a frequent guest on your table.