Pommes de terre dauphinoise, or Potatoes "dofinua". The truly poetic name of this exquisiteThe food originates in the historical region of France, the Dauphinum, which belonged to the royal heirs - Dauphinam. At home this dish is loved and appreciated, and it is served both in high-class establishments and in the bistro on the streets of working quarters.
Our editorial office recommends the preparation of unsurpassed potatoes "dofinua" to make sure again: all genius is simply ... ideal for Family dinner, When the window is chilly and windy. And on the festive table, he will perfectly replace as a side dish the usual mashed potatoes.
- 5 tbsp. L. Butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 500 ml cream 10% fat
- Salt, black ground pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut it Manual vegetable cutting With a long slit (mandolin). If there is no such in the household, it will be necessary to try and cut the circles not more than 3 mm thick, after all the slices after baking should literally melt in the mouth.
- Form for baking grease with oil, distribute evenly over her bottom chopped garlic.
- Spread the potato slices in a form a little overlapped, imitating fish scales. The first layer is laid slightly salty, pepper and add a pinch of nutmeg. Pour in a little cream.
Then lay the potatoes in layers, not forgetting to salt and pepper each time. cream Strip so that the last layer is left most of them.
- Lay the pieces of the remaining butter on the topmost layer.
- Cover the form with foil and send it to the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes. At 180 ° c.
- Remove the foil and leave to brown for another 15-20 minutes. Put it on the table in the same dish in which the dish was prepared.
Indeed, potatoes "dofinua"To take an honorable place on any festive table and New Year's including. Perfectly combined with baked lamb and beef steak. The most delicious thing!
Do not confuse this dish with a potato compatible with it "Dauphiné", Which is prepared a little differently.