Ossetian pies with meat (Fidjyn) is a very ancient national dish, which is usually served on a festive table for dear guests.
present Fydjyn Must be very juicy, so its shapeIs somewhat different from Ossetian pies filled with cheese from greens or potatoes ... Also the traditional "rule of 3" does not apply to meat pies: they can be baked in any quantity, up to 1 per guest!
"so simple!" Offers to touch the age-old traditions of the Ossetian people and taste this delicious, fragrant and satisfying dish!
The ingredients are given per 1 cake with a diameter of 30-35 cm.
Ingredients for 1 pie test
- 2.5 tbsp. Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. Kefir
- 1/2 tbsp. L. Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 100 g butter (for lubricating ready-made pies)
Ingredients for 1 pie filling
- 400 g of beef
- 1-2 large onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A large pinch of salt
- Black ground pepper - to taste
- 0,5 sm a pod of red burning pepper (at will)
- 60-120 ml of meat broth
- Prepare Unleavened dough On kefir: Mix kefir with salt and soda, extinguished vinegar and pour into sifted flour. The dough should be of medium consistency: not steep and not liquid. First it can stick to your hands, but do not add flour in addition. It needs to be kneaded in the most thorough way, until it becomes soft and elastic. Set the dough off the film for 30 minutes.
Now, many people prepare the dough for Ossetian pies with the addition of yeast, but more traditionally still the unleavened dough is on kefir, whey or water.
- Now turn Stuffing. Meat for fidzhyna must be chopped finely and finely. You can do this: half chop, and half twist in a meat grinder with large holes.
Also finely chop the onions, garlic let throughpress. Salts, add black pepper. If you and your family are extreme lovers, add a sliced piece of hot pepper to the filling. 5-6 cent. L. Broth for juiciness and well-blended.
- Dough batter and divided into 2 parts: thicker and thinner. A thicker cake will be the bottom of the pie, and a thin one - on horseback.
- Put a thick cake on a greased frying pan, place the top of the stuffing on top, cover it with a thin cake and protect the edges. Do not forget to make incisions - they must be sure!
- Heat the oven to 200 ° C. Bake the cake first on the lower level of the oven (7 minutes approximately), and when the dough lags off the shape, move the product to the middle level for another 20-25 minutes. In the middle of the baking, gently add a couple of spoonfuls of broth to the opening of the cake.
- The finished pie is extremely careful not to damage the walls, take it out of the pan and lay it on a flat surface. Grease it from all sides Butter, Cover with a food film and a towel to make the pie softer. The same manipulations repeat with the 2nd, 3rd, 5th cake ...
- Eat such a pie with your hands, breaking off pieces from the top at first and dipping them into juice! When the top is eaten, you can grasp the knife and divide the bottom with the filling. To Ossetian pies with meat perfectly suited Sauce from sour cream and garlic: In 1 tbsp. Sour cream, squeeze a clove of garlic, add a pinch of salt and stir well.
Ossetian pies are a dish that has come to us from the depths of centuries. They conquer with their appetizing appearance, unforgettable aroma and magic taste. Do not miss the opportunity Share This wonderful recipe with friends!