Homemade Mascarpone Cheese
Mascarpone - soft cream cheese, comes from italy, which is used to make many popular desserts. To replace it in the recipe with something is difficult, and the prices now, frankly, bite ...
"so simple!" Offers to cook the most delicate Cream cheese mascarpone at home. To understand the basics of cheese making, you need only attentiveness and accuracy!
Home-made mascarpone cheese
Of this amount of products will be about 450-500 g of cream cheese.
- 1 liter of unpasteurized cream (fat content up to 25%, too greasy not suitable)
- 3 tbsp. L. Lemon juice
- Gauze or linen napkin
- Deep bowl
- Pour cream into a clean and dry saucepan. Well, if you have a special Kitchen thermometer, Then you can immediately fix it on a saucepan. If there is none, we will determine the temperature "by eye" and be guided by a culinary flair.
- Put the cream on the heat. Stirring, so as not to burn, bring them to a temperature of 85 ° C (this is when the first bubbles begin to appear). Do not bring it to a boil!
- Take it off the fire, pour it in a thin trickle lemon juice.
- Return the pan to the plate and the cream gray, stirring, on low heat for another 4-5 minutes, not bringing to a boil (temperature 82-85 ° C).
- A spoon will appear as a measure of the product's readiness. First the liquid will drain from it, leaving no traces, then the mass will become like kefir ... keep stirring, there is very little left! As soon as the cream will turn into a thick cream and begin to tightly envelop the spoon - it's ready.
- Remove the pan from the fire and leave to cool to 50-40 ° C (approximately 30 minutes).
- Put a colander gauze in 5-6 layers or a linen cloth and put it in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a colander.
- The ends of the fabric join and the suspension to the glass serum. If you once did your home cottage cheese, thisThe stage will be familiar to you. In addition to the package, you do not need to press, sometimes just turn it around and use a spoon to remove the remains of cream from the walls and drop it into the middle.
- When the serum stops actively digging, merge it into a vessel, and place the tissue bundle in a colander under oppression (for example, a plate and a jar of water). Send to the refrigerator for 9-10 hours.
The most delicate mascarpone for tiramisu and cheesecake is ready! But you can just smear bread on the bread ... by the way, do not pour out the serum, but use it to make pancakes or cupcakes.
Share the recipe with your friends, they will surely be grateful to you!