How to cook khalum
Today "so simple!" Offers to make a virtual trip to sultry Uzbekistan: to cook a delicious national dish of this country - Khanum. A combination of fresh dough and juicy filling, saturated with the aroma of oriental spices, will present a real holiday of taste!
Khanum is not the only name of this food. Hunon, hunon, hanim, hunan, as well as burma, kyrkabat, oromo - all these are the names of a simple steam roll. Some of it is also called Lazy mantles.
How to cook khanum
The classic recipe of khanum suggests a filling consisting only of potatoes, onions and spices. Adding meat, we'll get Gul-khanum ... and we'll do it!
Ingredients for 2 rolls
- 500-600 g of wheat flour
- 100 ml of cold water
- 1-2 tbsp. L. Vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for 2 rolls filling
- 600 grams of lamb
- 2-3 onions
- 1 tbsp. L. Melted butter
- 5 medium potatoes
- 45 grams of fatty fat (for juiciness)
- Ground mill
- In a deep bowl, shake flour. Make a groove in the center and in a thin trickle pour in cold water, add oil and salt. Kneading a dough, pouring flour, if necessary.
- Dough cover the film and send to the refrigerator for about an hour. But while it breaks down, get busy stuffing.
- Get rid of the meat. Finely chop: the smaller, the better. Kurdjuknyj fat also chop and mix up with meat.
- Finely chop the onion, add it to the meat, remember everything well with your hands to make the juice stand out. Fill all the spices and salt in the filling, mix.
- Peel potatoes, cut into small cubes and add to meat.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator, divide into 2 parts, each of which is rolled into a thin layer.
- Stuffing is also divided into 2 parts. Spread it a thin layer on the dough, leaving the edges free. Roll rolls, protect the edge of the dough.
- Butter with rolls and a steaming grate. Place the grate in a pan that is suitable for the diameter, without forgetting to boil water first. Cook for a couple of 45-60 minutes.
Convenient this dish Cook in a multivariate, Laying a roll in a special bowl for steaming.
Give the khanam hot, sprinkled with herbs, with a fragrant sauce, for example, tomato or sour cream ... call your relatives to the table! As soon as they all settle down, cut a roll into a piece with a sharp knife.
Treat friends with a dish with oriental flavor - share a recipe with them!