cake It's from my deep childhood: it was then sold in every grocery store or buffet. I remember my mother was buying it so that I would not be so sad to stand with her in long lines.
There are 2 versions of why this dessert is associated with a name Alexandra i. According to one, the cakes were named Tartu confectioner in honor of Alexander I from gratitude for the fact that in 1802 the king ordered to restore the University of Tartu.
Another version is that this dessert was allegedly invented by a Swiss confectioner and served to Alexandra i on his birthday during his visit to Helsinki sometime between 1814 and 1818.
Anyway, and the delicacy turned out excellent and loved by many. Prepare "Alexandrovsky strip" and you!
Ingredients for cakes
- 200 g of softened butter
- 120 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 320 g flour
- 0.5 tsp. Soda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Apple, plum or raspberry jam (jam)
Ingredients for glaze
- 200 g of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. L. Lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp. L. hot water
- Softened butter whisk with egg, vanilla and plain sugar.
- Add flour sifted with soda, salt. Stir the flour with the oil mixture so that the crumb turns out. Collect the crumb in a com, wrap it in film and send it to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put Shortbread Between two sheets of paper for baking and roll out into a layer to the size of a baking sheet (0.5 centimeter thick).
- Gently move the dough on a baking tray, remove the top sheet of paper, trim the edges.
- Bake the cake at 190 ° C for 15-20 minutes, then cut it into 2 equal parts.
- Smash the first cake with jam or jam, cover with a second crust, lightly press. Top of the second cake slightly missed with jam. From top to cover the glaze. Important: do this while the dough is still warm.
- With a wet knife, cut the product into 12 cakes.
- Glaze making: Mix the powdered sugar with lemon juice and water. Density is regulated by water.
Crumbly, tender cake with a bright interlayer and lemon glaze will not leave anyone indifferent. I'm sure that your family will be asked to repeat it!
Share a recipe for these classic pastries with friends!