new Year Very soon, this is a holiday of surprises and gifts! Smart Christmas tree from fragrant gingerbread - an unexpected and original gift, it will become a symbol of the coming year.
You can easily Make a gingerbread tree with your own hands, Using the instruction from "so simple!". A magic spicy aroma of baking will charge your house with a festive mood long before the holiday itself!
For the Christmas tree, special Cookie molds In the form of stars of different sizes. If there are none, the shape can be cut out of cardboard: 5 hexagonal stars of different sizes, the largest in diameter is 8 centimeters.
Only 5 pairs of stars are needed - two of the same size, that is, one Christmas tree consists of 10 stars.
The amount of the test is calculated on the production of 2 gingerbread trees, and from the remnants you can simply bake a delicious crispy biscuit!
For cooking Protein glaze For safety it is better to use quail eggs. Also for decoration, melted white chocolate, various dragees and sugar powder are suitable.
Ingredients for dough
- 3.5 tbsp. Flour (0,5 items will leave on a powder when rolling out the dough)
- 3/4 tbsp. Sahara
- 0.5 tbsp. Honey
- 50 g of butter
- 2 chicken eggs
- 0.5 tsp. Soda
- 0.5 tsp. Crushed spices (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger)
- 1/4 tbsp. water
- 1 quail egg (yolk)
Ingredients for glaze
- 1 quail egg (protein)
- 4 tbsp. L. Powdered sugar
- Flour fores. Honey, sugar, oil and water put in a pan and heat up to 70-75 degrees, stirring constantly.
- In a heated mixture of a mound of half-preparedFlour and add spices. Immediately mix the mass well, otherwise lumps are formed. Cool to room temperature, add chicken eggs, quail egg, soda, remaining flour and a soft dough. Wrap it in a film and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rested dough on a flour-poured surface in a layer of 0.7 cm thick. The thinner the dough, the harder and drier gingerbread will turn out.
- Use the prepared stencils or forms for cookies of different sizes to cut out cookies-stars.
- Lay the cookies on a baking sheetParchment, and bake for about 8 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. The time of baking depends on the characteristics of the oven, but try not to overexpress the products, so as not to overdry.
- Ready cookies cool and garnish with protein glaze, for this, whisk a quail egg white with sugar powder. When the glaze is completely dry and stops sticking, proceed to assemble the Christmas tree.
- On the biggest stars put blanks of smallerDiameter, attaching them to the remaining glaze. Place the figures so that the rays of the star of the upper tier do not coincide with the rays of the lower star. Leave the items to dry so that the glaze is securely fastened to the stars. Ready!
Ready fir-trees you can beautifully pack and leave to wait for your time, because gingerbread can be stored for a long time. Tasty and unexpected gift!
Share a recipe and festive mood with friends!