According to an ancient tradition on the eve Christmas (As well as baptism) it is customary to prepare and receiveFood kutju (kolivo, osovo) - boiled wheat, sweetened with honey or sugar. The roots of the tradition stretch from Byzantium, and on the holy apone and today they are honored especially.
Kutju on aphon prepare as follows: Beforehand the wheat is slightly pounded, then soaked for several hours. The water is drained after soaking, and the wheat is poured with boiling water and boiled until the grains completely open.
Wheat washed with boiled water and unfoldedTo dry. 2-3 hours before the start of the Divine Liturgy, grated rusks are added to the wheat, so that all the remaining moisture is finally absorbed. Then to the finished croup mixed shredded walnuts, almonds, raisins ...
On top of the dish is decorated with colored (of courseNatural dyes) sugar with cinnamon, depicting the faces of saints. Cooked thus kutia is unusual for the eye of our person, it is even difficult to call it a dish - it's a work of art!
We will dwell on a more conventional version. Usually the stove is made up of three components: base, refills and various additives. As a rule, wheat is the basis, but variations are possible (rice, pearl barley, oats and even buckwheat).
Refreshment of lean dishes can be milk fromPoppy seeds or nuts, honey, uzvar (a drink from dried fruits). As additives can make the same nuts, raisins, various dried berries, candied fruits, spices ...
Kutya recipe from wheat
- 1 tbsp. Wheat
- 100 g poppy
- 50 g walnuts
- 3 tbsp. L. Honey
- 100 g raisins
- Wheat washed. The grain roots with a wooden pestle, periodically pouring water until the shell of wheat falls behind. The core was separated from the husks, and again thoroughly washed.
- Then fill the clean grains with water and cook until completely boiled. You can do it in the oven for an hour at 150 degrees.
- Poppy seeds with a small amount of boiling water, steam for 30 minutes, water drain, and poppy seeds in a mortar until the appearance of a white liquid.
- Raisins for 20 minutes, nuts chop.
- To honey add a couple of spoonfuls of boiled water, stir.
- Pour honey into the cooked porridge, add nuts, raisins and poppy seeds along with milk. Kutia turned out delicious, juicy and ready to serve!
So that the kutya was a success for glory, use some more advice from "so simple!"
- So that the groats are not burned, cook it in a saucepan with a thick bottom, an ideal cast iron.
- After all the ingredients of the dish are connected, heat it for a few minutes, best in a clay pot.
- If the kutya turned out too thick, you can dilute it with boiled water, squam or a decoction of cereals.
- Do not keep kutya too long, because honey can ferment. If the ingredients are prepared for several days, combine them and refuel before serving.
In each country and region they cook kutyadifferently. But whatever the recipe, kutya remains the main dish of the great and bright holiday in commemoration of the joy of Christmas, prosperity, harvest and health for the entire following year.
Do not forget to share the recipe with your friends. Happy Christmas and a delicious Christmas table to you!