Forshmack from herring classic
"so simple!" Offers to go on a culinary journey. So, imagine: we are in Odessa. From an open window of a 3-storey building in a small cozy courtyard, of which there are hundreds in this city, a frequent knock of a knife on a wooden board is heard. All neighbors in the course: Aunt Fanya (a wonderful hostess and an extraordinarily charismatic woman) is preparing her own Proprietary forshmak!!
The recipe is simple and brilliant at the same time, not from the head is taken, but from an old cookbook! I wonder what it will turn out ...
If you are puzzled by the word "franzol", then this is a French roll-kalach from Greek bakers, called still French bun. Already much later so have christened one of thematic restaurants in Odessa ... therefore in the recipe we can safely replace a frangol with baguette or other unsweetened baking.
Forcemeat from herring classic
- 1 large or 2 medium lightly salted herring
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar to taste
- 100 g of softened butter
- 100 ml of milk
- 1/4 French roll or baguette (can be replaced with slices of bread for toast)
- 1 green apple (optional)
- Carefully finished herring Soak in the milk for 30 minutes.
- Finely chop the fillet, add the soaked and kneaded loaf (bread, baguette).
- Onion And chopped parsley, add to the herring.
- In the original recipe in the ingredients, the apple is not indicated, but many housewives do not recognize forshmak without sour apples ... so you can afford to add it, only finely soda.
- Add to the mass a softened, almost begun to melt, butter, Season with pepper to taste, pour a little vinegar for piquancy, mix thoroughly. Finished forshmak, send it to the refrigerator for a few hours.
It turned out very tasty! Serve forschak with slices of Borodino bread or croutons from baguette. Also forsmak is an excellent choice as a filling for snack baskets or eclairs.
Share the original recipe with friends, let them appreciate it!