How to cook hummus
This summer I became a guest of amazingA man who once changed his place of residence and went on the call of the heart to Israel. Uncle alik left in the early 90's and never returned to his homeland. He was terribly glad to the guests, because he remembered me as a very small girl, who diligently tried to learn how to ride a bicycle in her grandmother's yard.
Uncle quickly began to lay on the table ... how could I have beenSurprised when he began to spread a lot of multi-colored jars with paste that had a creamy texture. It was hummus, a lot of hummus, or rather, many of its types: mint, pumpkin, nut, beet, chocolate and, of course, classical.
I opened my mouth even more with surprise whenLearned that Uncle Alik cooked all this variety himself! Of course, I could not resist and asked him to share recipes. Returning home, I often cooked hummus and recalled our kitchen gatherings in the beersheva. Now I share with you an amazing recipe Classical hummus From uncle alik.
How to cook hummus
- 200 grams of mutton peas (chickpeas)
- 2 tbsp. L. Ground sesame seeds
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. L. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Ziri
- 1/4 tsp. Coriander
- 1/4 tsp. Red pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak for a few hours in cold water (preferably leave it overnight).
- Boil the mutton peas for 1 hour. Drain the decoction, but do not pour it, it is still useful.
- Chop chickpeas with a blender or let peas through a meat grinder, installing a nozzle with small holes.
- Chop the garlic with a press, and then prepare the sesame paste, chopping the sesame seeds and olive oil in the blender.
- Mix chickpea puree, sesame paste, salt,Lemon juice, garlic and spices. Advice: spices, lemon juice and sesame paste is better to add gradually, to regulate their amount to your own taste.
If you liked this recipe for snacks from chickpeas, be sure to share the article with your friends!