How to clean the iron
If the iron is dirty, ironing becomes a complete punishment. Suddenly appearing spots, spoiled clothes, an unpleasant smell ... you do not need this trouble at all.
Use these detailed tips andDo a thorough cleaning of your ironing. Perform it easily, in addition, the crystal clear iron and favorite things are worth it. Choose the way that you like and start!
Use of salt to clean the fume on the soleplate of the iron
- Put a cotton cloth or a paper towel on the ironing board, which you can then discard with no regrets.
- On a cloth mound a tablespoon of large salt. Especially the method works well with sea salt.
- Turn on the iron for the maximum value of heating, turn off the steam completely.
- Smooth the salt sprayed towel without strong pressure on the iron. While the deposit from the soles will stick to the salt, gradually the surface of the iron will be purified to a sparkling mirror surface.
Use of salt and vinegar to clean the carbon on the iron
- Vinegar and salt in equal parts mixed in a saucepanAnd put on medium fire until the salt dissolves completely. Vinegar should not boil. The smell of a heated product is certainly not the most pleasant, but its cleaning properties are magnificent.
- Cool a little mixture so that it does not burnfingers. Using this method, it is better to protect your hands from vinegar with rubber gloves. Old rag, impregnated with a solution, gently rub the surface of the soleplate of the iron. If necessary, you can use a brush to get rid of the stubborn stains themselves.
- The brush should be soft, do not use metal bristles that can scratch the surface, which subsequently makes ironing more difficult.
- After cleaning with a cloth soaked in vinegar, wipe the surface, removing the remnants of the solution. Then, turning on the iron, iron the old cloth for final cleaning.
Use of chemical cleaners
- Completely remove water from the iron.
- Turn the regulator on the heating mode for cotton cloth.
- Take a thick cotton cloth, put onIroning board and apply a cleaning agent to it in the amount recommended in the instruction manual for the iron. Cleaning products can be different: some of them are recommended to be applied to the fabric, others - directly to the soleplate of the iron.
- Smooth the fabric with a circular motionApplied to it with a cleaning agent. Turn off the iron and wait for it to cool. Check the cleanliness of the holes for the steam outlet and the entire soles, if necessary, remove the dirt and detergent residues.
How to clean the steam outlet holes on the soleplate of the iron
- To clean the holes for the steam exit, it is necessary to moisten with a vinegar-salt solution or simply in the vinegar a cotton swab, and, inserting each hole, scroll.
- So removes the interfering full-fledged uniform separation of the dirt. After cleaning the holes, you need to remove the vinegar residues with the same scrolling of the holes of a clean cotton swab.
Other ways to clean the soleplate of an iron
One of the popular ways - Soda cleaning. Soda mix with water until pasty consistency. This tool put on a rag, after which it wipe the soleplate of the iron. After cleaning, remove soda residue with a clean cloth.
Distilled Water with vinegar In equal parts is poured into the iron reservoir. Then need to heat the iron and turn on steam. Then in a few minutes you need to iron any cotton cloth. After that, the solution from the reservoir is removed, and wipe the sole with a clean towel.
Toothpaste Can also be used for cleaningThe surface of the soleplate of the iron. A small amount of it is applied to the surface, especially well lubricate the most problem areas. Then pat dry with a clean rag. Turn on the iron, heat up and iron the old cloth. that's all!
Keep your house always clean and tidy! Tell your friends about these ways of cleaning the iron, this information will not hurt anyone.