Back pain - one of the most common types of pain and, moreover, this is the most frequent reason for contacting doctors. Eighty percent of people are already beginning to feel pain in the lower back by the age of 30.
Pain in the lumbar region of the back can be of different nature and be a consequence of a variety of disorders. Pain can be acute, aching, stitching, dull, burning, and can either be localized in one Vertebral column, Or spread from the waist to the entire back or leg. Pain can appear suddenly, and can arise almost imperceptibly and gradually increase.
Distinguish 3 types of pain in the lower back
Lasts no more than 3 months. This is the most common type of lumbar pain, and you can get rid of it with the help of home treatment for 4-6 weeks.
This is when periods of acute pain in the lower back are repeated.
If acute pain in the lower back does not go away after three months, it becomes chronic.
Causes of low back pain
- Trauma, sprain, excessive load, displacement of the vertebrae (spondylolisthesis, spondylolysis).
- Compression fracture of the spine, caused by osteoporosis, arthritis, congenital problems or spine diseases.
- Compression of roots of nerves of the spinal cord, intervertebral hernia, displacement of vertebrae, stenosis of the spinal canal, osteochondrosis (can cause degenerative processes in the spine).
- Vertebral fractures.
- Different deformations of the spine (kyphosis, scoliosis, lordosis).
- Suppuration processes developing in persons with epithelial coccygeal course.
- Aging (skin and muscles lose their elasticity, which increases the risk of injury, and the vertebrae wear out and cease to function as shock absorbers between the bones).
Risk factors (who is most susceptible to back pain)
- People with any curvature of the spine.
- All who spend a lot of time in a sitting position.
- People with a weak musculoskeletal apparatus.
- Obese people, smokers and alcohol abusers.
In any case, self-diagnosis of pain in the back -It's not a good thing. If discomfort or pain does not go away for 2-3 days, this is a sure sign that it's time for you to see a doctor who can correctly diagnose the cause of the pain and prescribe the right treatment!