How long do the cereals cook?
It is important to know that the porridge is perfect, How long does the groin!! From the time of cooking depends the consistency of porridge, it will not burn and will not run away if everything is done correctly.
About such elementary things it is necessary to remindEven experienced housewives, because we do not cook some cereals quite often, because we did not manage to determine the time of their cooking intuitively. Let this small guide to cereals help you cook such a mess that will be tasty in itself, without additional products, sauces and additives! It's possible ...
How much to cook cereals
- Rice It is cooked for 15-20 minutes. Water should be taken 2 times more than rice. Cook rice in a small container on a low heat. It is also important to properly soak the rice for an excellent result.
- millet It is cooked for 25-35 minutes. Millet before cooking it is best to rinse in warm water and cook on low heat.
- buckwheat Cook for 20-25 minutes. For one glass of buckwheat you need to take 2.5 glasses of water. Cook buckwheat on low heat without stirring.
- pearl barley Preparing 40 minutes - 1.5 hours. Pearl barley should be boiled in a large container with plenty of water. Before cooking, grains must be soaked for at least 5 hours in hot water.
- semolina It is cooked for 15 minutes. A couple of minutes goes to the boil of water or milk. Proportions with which the porridge turns out delicious - 2 tbsp. L. Cereals for 200 ml of liquid.
- oat groats It is poured for 4 hours with boiling water, then it is cooked for 30 minutes on a small fire. Undiluted oatmeal is cooked for 2 hours.
- oat flakes Cook for 3 to 5 minutes over low heat.
- Bulgur Cook for 15-20 minutes under a lid on low heat.
- barley grits Cook for 20 minutes, be sure to throw it into boiling water.
- Green and red lentils It is cooked for 30-35 minutes. Brown lentils Ready in 20 minutes.
- corn grits It is cooked for 30 minutes. It is better to cook it in salted and sweetened water. Polenta - porridge from corn flour, analogous to hominy - it is cooked for 35-40 minutes with constant stirring.
This is by no means all kinds of common cereals, butWe cook them more often. So that the porridge was delicious, it is very important to let it stand for 15 minutes after cooking in a warm place, for example in an oven. This applies to all cereals with a cooking time of more than 15 minutes.
Remember that you can not spoil the porridge with oil, and add it inDishes not only the usual butter, but also various kinds of exotic vegetable oils - linseed, pumpkin, hemp. Will be very tasty and healthy for the body!
Show this memo about how, How many groats are being prepared, To friends, without porridge - nowhere!