What to do if you are bitten by a jellyfish
Summer is a magical time, which you want to spend withBenefit not only for the soul, but also for the body. Some prefer active rest, others - passive. Someone gets a buzz from growing their own harvest in the country, and someone give a chaise longue and sunblock.
If you are going to go to the sea with your family orFriends, ask if there are jellyfish in it. The information in this article can help you or your friends in a difficult moment, so read carefully! Bites of jellyfish - it's unpleasant, but not deadly. Guided by our advice, you will be safe.
What to do if stung by a jellyfish
How stingy jellyfish
The jellyfish scorch the skin with the help of stinging cells, which cover its tentacles. These cells inject poison into the body, causing acute pain and burning.
Symptoms of jellyfish burn:
- strong pain;
- Hyperemia and blisters;
- General weakness;
- Intestinal disorders;
- Pain in muscles and joints.
- Sharp pains in the lower back and joints;
- Cramped breathing;
- Dry indomitable cough;
- Strong thirst;
- Numbness of hands and feet;
- State of extreme nervous excitation (sometimes, on the contrary, depression);
- Nausea, vomiting, loose stools, itching of the whole body;
- In severe cases - paralysis.
- Immediately go out of the water to the shore. Remove the remnants of jellyfish from the affected area of the skin, but in no case do it with your hands - better use the blunt side of the knife. Abundantly wash the affected area with fresh water, but again do not rub anything: neither with the palm, nor with a towel, nor with sand.
- Lie in the shade and try to move less toPain did not increase. If there is a hotel or shopping tents nearby - take the ice from them and put them to a sore spot, having wrapped it with cellophane or a towel. By the way, the Australian rescue services use this method as first aid to the victims.
- If you took care of taking medicine at sea, it's time to use "Tavegil" or "suprastin".
- Abundant drinking of mineral water and juicesHelps reduce the concentration of poison in the body and the rapid elimination of toxins. So the phrase "I'm ready to drink the sea" should be your motto for the next few days.
- Do not forget to ask for help from qualified specialists and go to a medical Sting of jellyfish.
3 things to avoid:
- not Drink alcoholic beverages;
- not Sit in the heat;
- not Rub the place of burns with fingers or sand.
We hope that your holiday will not be overshadowed by an unpleasant meeting with jellyfish, and you will bring only souvenirs from the sea, an even bronze tan and pleasant memories.
Be sure to share this article with your friends. Surely one of them is already going to the seaside. forewarned is forearmed!