How to grow garlic on a windowsill
Garlic is a product necessary in the kitchen for every mistress. This simple ingredient is able to give almost every dish a unique Taste and smell, So it's important to always have it on hand.
Not to run around the shops in search of fresh garlic, "so simple!" Suggests starting to grow it right on your windowsill. this plant Very unpretentious, because it will be very simple!
How to grow garlic at home
- So, you need to pick up a pot deep20 cm with holes for drainage. It is better to choose a bigger pot so that you can plant bulbs of garlic at a distance of 10 cm from each other and 10 cm from the edge of the pot.
- Now you need to prepare the soil. Mix the soil with the garden sand. The ratio to the soil should be 3: 1.
- Fill the container with soil, leaving about 3 cm of space on top.
- Take ordinary garlic bulbs and stripped garlic with denticles. Keep them flat end pointing down, and pointed end up.
- Put the bulb 10-15 cm into the soil. Should be 3 cm of soil between the top of the bulb and the top of the soil.
- Plant cloves of garlic at a distance of 10 cm from each other.
- Put the pot so that it is exposed to direct sunlight at least 8 hours a day. The window sill of the kitchen window is ideal for a pot.
- Put a container of garlic in a sink, bath or in another place where water could drain. Fields soil, evenly sprinkling it with water. Let the water drain through the holes in the bottom of the pot.
- Water often enough to keep the soil moist, but not wet.
- It will be necessary to cut off the shoots at the base, when they begin to germinate.
- Harvest garlic after 8-10 months, when the shoots begin to die and turn brown.
In this way, you can grow as much garlic as you need, and do not have to run to the store for garlic of dubious origin.
Use only natural products!