What to do if the child chokes
Choke or choke Anyone can, both an adult and a child. But with children the situation is more complicated: they do not know how to properly handle food, they need to be taught everything. Unconditioned reflexes, unfortunately, are not always saved when a foreign object enters the throat.
In many cases, for a child to choke - it means to expose yourself Deadly danger. Adults should know how to give the child first aid in such a dangerous situation. Do not be at a loss and make everything that depends on you to save the life of a little man!
Signs that the child has choked
- The child can not cry, breathe in air, scream, voices are almost inaudible;
- The baby's eyes are wide open, horror is read in them;
- The mouth is also widely open, saliva is active;
- The skin turns red, then turns blue;
- The kid can grasp his throat with his hands;
- In a serious case, loss of consciousness is possible.
Immediately call an ambulance for such symptoms and provide the child with first aid!
- Lift the kid's hands up. The airways will expand, the breathing process will be adjusted.
- If No. 1 did not help, put the baby on his stomach, on his arm and pat 5 times between the shoulder blades.
- If the child is choked with a small object or a piece of food, you need to raise it for both legs or cause vomiting by clicking on the root of the tongue.
When a foreign object is stuck in the respiratoryWays, the symptoms are somewhat different. The baby can not cry, cry and at the same time actively draws in the belly. To release the child's respiratory tract, perform the following actions:
How to release the airways
- Turn it to yourself with your back, hug with one hand, pressing it on the stomach area. Tilt the baby forward, pat on the back.
- If the method number 1 did not give the result: Put the child on his back so that his head is located lower than the body. Under the chest bone, insert the middle and index finger. Do pressure, alternating with straightening of the sternum, until the arrival of an ambulance.
- If the airway is stuck solidForeign object - a candy or a small toy detail, put the child on the hand face down. Watch that the head was below the chest at the same time. Pat the baby between his shoulder blades. Another option: to lift the child by the feet and also to pattle between the shoulder blades.
Do not put your fingers in the child's larynx: you risk Move the subject further So that it will be difficult for him to get out. This will exacerbate the situation.
Help the child after a year
Most importantly - keep calm, becauseThe older child understands much. He can be sent your panic, which will greatly worsen the situation. For the expulsion of food pieces and foreign objects in children older than a year, the helmich method is used.
- Stand behind the child, you can - on your knees behind him.
- Hug the baby around the waist.
- Brush one hand, squeeze into a fist, place a fist between the ribs and the navel of the baby's fingers inside.
- The second palm clasp your fist.
- Slit your elbows to the sides, press the baby's belly in the direction from the bottom up.
Do such movements until a piece of food comes out.
Because of the stress in the child is possible A spasm in the throat, Which entails stopping breathing. Watch a video on how to make a baby artificial respiration:
So as not to fall into a critical situation, takeprecautionary measures. Do not buy soft toys with a long pile, which is sprinkled, make sure that children do not play with toys with too little detail. Teach your child to eat slowly and thoroughly. Good yield - Chop up food For a child to a conscious age, when he stops messing around with food. Never feed the child forcibly - in such cases, the risk of choking increases.
This information is very important for the life and health of the children of your loved ones! Share with them our article.