How to grow a lemon in a cup
From a small Lemon seed You can grow a whole tree! Of course, this is a gradual process. A few years old lemon trees just bloom, and only then they begin to bear fruit. But in order to get your own lemon, you just need to put the seed in the cup!
This method is suitable for growing grapefruit. An oasis of greenery the house wants to have everyone, and it's even nicer if the plants are planted by their own hands. Collect lemon seeds and embark on a refined Citrus plant. Lemons, it turns out, very unpretentious!
How to grow a lemon
- The first step is to collect the seeds and soak them in the water. Best germinate large seeds, do not forget to first clean them from the outer shell. Leave the seeds in the water for 6-7 days, change the water daily.
- Prepared seeds can be planted!
- Several stones placed on the bottom of the cup toCreate a drainage. Fill the cup with moist soil. Plant seeds in the ground with a pointed end down. Make sure that there is enough free space between the seeds - about 5 mm.
- Cut the seeds with large sand or pebbles. Always spray water on them every 2-3 days: at this stage, the seeds need sufficient moisture to germinate. To create a greenhouse effect that will promote intensive germination of seeds, wrap the cup in foil or polyethylene. In a week there will be first shoots!
- It is recommended that the best, strong sprouts be transplanted into pots 3-5 months later.
- Lemon loves moisture and is not too picky aboutLight. In spring, the lemon must be cut, it will stimulate growth and flowering. In autumn fall of leaves is possible, there is nothing to worry about. If you want your lemon tree to bear fruit, it must be planted. Otherwise the lemon will remain a simple ornamental plant with beautiful colors and a characteristic tart smell. But it's not bad either!
In the spring and summer, when the heat is possible,Bring the plant to fresh air - it will bring him great benefits! If this is not possible, just provide sufficient access to fresh air in the room where a small lemon grows. Grow other plants on the windowsill, and you will definitely get it! Inspire friends - share with them valuable recommendations on growing lemon in the home.