How to grow garlic
Garlic is the main product on our table. It is not only a delicious seasoning for the first and second dishes, but also a natural antibiotic.
Daily consumption of garlic - a pledge of good immunity, Strong teeth And gums, healthy heart, clean liver and peace of mind!
If you are a happy owner of even the smallest of beds - you can safely use our recommendations for planting garlic. Now your neighbors will envy you!
How to grow garlic
- To determine which garlic you want to plant. Winter is planted for the winter (September - October), and spring, when the frost runs out, - in April.
- Choose a suitable place for planting. Garlic loves a lot of sun, but you can also choose a penumbra for it. Prepare the ground.
- For planting choose only fresh garlic without dark spots and damage. You can select even slightly sprouted denticles.
- Take only the largest denticles, then the harvest will please you.
- Plant garlic in the intended fossa to a depth of about 5-10 cm. The distance between the denticles should be at least 20 cm.
- Cover with hay, dry leaves, straw, compost or mown grass. This process is called mulching.
- In the spring, after the end of cold weather, fertilize the soil in which garlic grows.
- if Garlic In the autumn months, you need to be very carefulTreat watering. Otherwise the bulbs can rot. In spring the plant is watered once a week, if there is no rain. Closer to summer, watering can be reduced, since garlic loves heat and dryness.
- Some insects, for example aphids, can significantly spoil the crop. Field mice can also be established in mulch soil. Be careful and protect your harvest.
- When the plant starts to germinate, you can use fresh shoots for salads or seasonings.
- If the stems begin to dry out - the garlic is ripe. Harvesting usually lasts from late summer to late autumn.
- Digging up garlic, you need to be extremely careful, because your crop can be accidentally cut.
- You can store garlic in ceramic ware.
- Or tie and hang in the pantry (as an option - in the kitchen).
- Some mistresses prefer Store garlic In oil and even in vinegar! If you want to repeat their experience - be sure to put the jars in the refrigerator.
Garlic, as well as bread, - all the head. If you want to boast of a good harvest - be sure to share this article with your friends and implement the proposed recommendations!
Sure, neighbors will line up for a secret recipe for an excellent harvest!