3 cooking techniques
Most of us learn how to cook by trial and error. Because no one is born knowing how to properly blanch vegetables or cook foods in batter.
Today "so simple!" Prepared for you 3 methods of cooking, which are constantly used by professional chefs. Take them into service, to cook even more delicious.
3 cooking techniques
- Blanching with boiling water
Before you start blanching vegetables, they needRinse thoroughly. Also you need to put a pot of water on the fire, bring it to a boil and separately prepare a large bowl or pan with ice water. Per kilogram of vegetables usually need 4 liters of boiling water.
Put the vegetables in boiling water, after adding a teaspoon of salt. Vegetables should be cooked for at least 2 minutes.
Then transfer the vegetables into ice water with the help of a noise or a stop-over. They should lie in ice water for as long as they were in boiling water.
Some vegetables can be blanched without boiling water -Scalding. Such vegetables include, for example, chopped onions or cubes. After steaming the ferment from it will disappear the bitterness and smell and it can be safely added to the salad without worrying that the onion will spoil its taste.
Blanch on a couple you can almost all vegetables, only this process will take a little longer. You need to pour a large enough pot of water and bring it to a boil.
After that you need to put a colander with vegetables inSaucepan. Remember that the water level should be below the bottom of the colander. Cover the pan with a lid and leave for 4-8 minutes. After this procedure, vegetables should be put in cold water.
- How much to blanch vegetables:
2 minutes: Sliced zucchini, sliced carrots, green peas, any greens.
3 minutes: Asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chopped white cabbage and Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, celery inflorescences, halves of sweet pepper.
5 minutes: Whole small carrots, eggplants, whole mushrooms.
How to cook a home cook
- before Frying in batter Most products need to be boiled or fried. This does not apply to fruits and fish, as they will have enough roasting directly in the test.
- So that the clay has turned out to be airy and gentle, it must be beaten with a whisk, a mixer or a blender. So you can mix all the products thoroughly.
- If you are going to prepare juicy products,Use thick paste, it will create a dense crust, through which the juice will be more difficult to seep. For dryish products it is better to prepare a liquid stick so that they can soak with oil.
- If you want to get a ruddy and porous crust, use carbonated mineral water to make a batter.
- To give spicy food and improve themTaste and aroma, add spices to the dough. Also crushed can be added chopped and lightly fried onions, chopped Bulgarian pepper, greens, garlic, mushrooms, grated cheese and nuts.
- To make a magnificent dessert, add whipped proteins to it.
- So that the crust is crispy, add water, beer, cognac, vodka, wine or home tincture instead of milk.
- Be sure to give the batter test a little to stand up, so that the gluten has lost its elasticity and the dough is better sticking to the products that you are going to fry.
- Ingredients for batter should be necessarily cold, and fry pieces must be in hot oil.
- To reveal the aroma of spices, professional cooks are advised to fry them.
- For this purpose it is best to use a small but heavy saucepan with a thick bottom. It must necessarily be dry. You can experiment and add a drop of vegetable oil.
- Spices should be constantly stirred with a wooden spoon, so as not to burn them, otherwise they will lose their taste and start to be bitter.
- For frying spices, usually a couple of minutes is enough, but this depends on the type of spices, dishes and the temperature of its heating. You will understand when the spices are ready - they will begin to smell strongly.
- After frying the spices should be transferred to a plate to slightly cool. Chilled seeds can be ground in a mortar or coffee grinder.
These tips will be useful in the kitchen and beginners and amateurs, so keep them in your bookmarks and tell them about these methods to your girlfriends!