Why the orchid does not bloom
Phalaenopsis orchid - one of the most beautiful houseplants. As a rule, we buy it blooming. But the moment comes when the flowers fall and the orchid owners start to wonder what they are doing wrong.
in this article "so simple!" Tell you why the orchid does not bloom and how to fix it.
Average duration Flowering orchids Phalaenopsis - 3 months. This usually occurs two or three times a year. The interval between flowering can last for several months.
To bring the happy moment of the blossoming of orchid flowers will help the following tips.
How to make an orchid bloom
- Create an orchid temperature difference: put the pot at night in a cool place (up to 15 degrees).
- Reduce the number of Nitrogen in fertilizers. And phosphorus should prevail, because it stimulates flowering.
- Moisten the air around the plant.
- Put a pot of orchid for 5 days in a dark place. In 3 weeks orchid should release buds. This method is suitable only for adults and healthy plants.
- Instead of watering it is advised to put a couple of ice cubes in a pot with an orchid, so it will soon bloom.
- If you notice that a non-flowering orchidActively growing roots or leaves, it means that it has a corresponding period of development. Until this period is over, naturally, the plant will not bloom. be patient.
Most importantly - to ensure your orchid duecare. She likes a lot of light and is afraid of excess moisture. Perhaps you have your own secrets about the content of this beauty, do not forget to tell about it in the comments!