Contact lenses Millions of people around the world use it. Their popularity is justified!
Vision correction With lenses is more smooth, they are betterCorrespond to medical indications for certain defects (astigmatism, for example). With lenses you can afford to lead a more active lifestyle, and they look much more aesthetic than glasses.
All this rainbow picture overshadows the complication, often arising in the owners of contact lenses - Bacterial keratitis. It is an inflammation of the cornea of the eye, accompanied by tearing, clouding, pain and visual impairment. Most often the causative agent of this disease is Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
"so simple!" Leads a list of bad habits that directly lead to the emergence of keratitis.
Keratitis is inevitable if:
- You go to sleep in contact lenses. The statistics do not lie: 44% of the interviewed people who regularly use contact lenses forget to take them off at night, and this increases the risk of keratitis by 6.5 times!
Ophthalmologists are unanimous in the opinion that Lenses should be removed before bedtime, Even if the package indicates that it is not necessary.
- You do not change the lenses in time, the period of use of which has expired.
- Do not clean the lens immediately after removal. Dirty lens surface - a beneficial environment for the development of microorganisms. Timely cleansing with a special solution destroys 90% of bacteria. By the way, the solution in the container must also be changed regularly.
- You wash the lens with tap water.
- Do not remove the lens during showering or in the pool.
- Do not wash your hands before using the lenses.
Perform special gymnastics for vision correction. Developers of the complex promise significant improvements in a week!
Do not forget to share your knowledge with your friends!