Nutrition for the brain
With age, the efficiency of our brain decreases, and, unfortunately, this is inevitable - as many researchers consider the causes of Alzheimer's disease. But scientists from the rush university medical center (Chicago) argue that the aging process of the brain is reversible!
They conducted a number of studies, which involved elderly people of 80 years of age, and found that there are products that improve brain function. little of, Cognitive functions Subjects not only significantly increased, but their decline was delayed by approximately 10 years. What good news!
Food for the brain
Products for rejuvenating the brain Are divided into 15 categories. Those that are included in the first 10, you can eat almost any amount, but the products from the remaining 5 categories should be consumed in strictly limited quantities.
- Nuts - for a handful 5 times a week.
- Greens, green vegetables - unlimited quantity.
- Vegetables - at least 1 serving a day.
- Beans - 2 or more servings per week.
- Poultry meat - 2 times a week.
- Olive oil - constantly for filling salads.
- Fish - once a week.
- Red dry wine - 150 ml per day.
- Berries - at least 2 times a week.
- Whole wheat bread - instead of bread.
- Red meat - no more than 3 times a week.
- Sweets and desserts - no more than 4 times a week.
- Hard cheese - up to 100 g per week.
- Butter - no more than 1 tbsp. L. in a day.
- Fried foods 1-2 times a week.
You are surprised to see in the list Red wine? The fact is that the grape skin containsResveratrol is an amazing antioxidant that supports the normal level of hormones, helps fight cancer, rejuvenates the body's cells. So, when approaching a tasty and healthy dinner, raise for your health a glass of dry wine!
One more obligatory condition for improving the work of the brain is moderate physical activity. Do not forget to tell your friends about it!