Times in English for Dummies
Everyone who has studied or studies English is familiar with the complexity of perception, understanding and awareness of the difficult system of English verb tenses.
All of us who speak Russian are familiar and familiar, that there is a time of 3. And what bewilderment is the information that, How many times in English. Because English grammar can boast as many as 12 temporary forms of the verb!
To simplify this difficult task of studying "insidious times", the editors "so simple!" Shares with friends a useful graphics. It will be useful to have at hand all those who want to quickly learn and learn to use this or that time in a particular situation.
Times in English for dummies
Look in the diagram when you needDetermine what time to use correctly in the current situation, whether it is speaking or writing a text. More practice, effort, and soon you will not need a scheme.
Do not spare time. Spending only half an hour a day, you quickly and effectively master all the grammatical nuances.
Here are a few Practical advice, Which will help to quickly learn the theoretical material!
- To learn languages need to be consistent. Start with the theory: try to read and understand everything that concerns the specific time and circumstances of its use. And do not forget to alternate theory and practice!
- Make a few simple sentences, using each of the temporary constructions, as indicated in the diagram. First, write down, and then say each sentence aloud.
You can not understand everything in one evening, of course. But only after a couple of weeks of doing this simple exercise you will feel how much easier and more pleasant it was to learn English. Because in times you are already oriented!
- For each of the pieces of time, try Make up one sentence From personal experience. So you use your associative memory. But it is very useful.
- If you find it difficult to study the times in one fell swoop, try Alternate exercises For one or another time with an interval of several days. Write and say all your proposals in one specific time.
Time is assimilated? Proceed to the next! And so on until there is a certainty that you feel the situation in which it is appropriate to use this time.
- I had worked - past perfect - by the time I worked.
- I will have worked - by that time I will definitely work.
- I will be working - continuous - At this time I will work.
- I will have been working - at that moment, I will still work.
- I have been working - present perfect continuous - I'm still working.
- I had been working - past perfect continuous - at that moment I was still working.
- I have worked - present perfect - I already worked.
- I am working - present continuous - I am working.
- I am working - present continuous - at this time I plan to work (present continuous is used to describe my plans and intentions).
- I was working - past continuous - At that time I worked.
- I will work - future simple - I will work.
- I worked - past simple - I worked.
- I work - present simple - I am working.
The last three times are just statements. I worked, I work and I will work. The remaining times usually require further clarification.
Hope this Table of English times for dummies Turn you into a true virtuoso!
And most importantly, do not be lazy to devote enough hours of practice. Because only it will allow you to feel the English language and bring to the automatism the skill of using the species-temporal forms of verbs.
Keep this useful chart on your wall and share it with your friends so that learning English for them would be just as carefree!